Content and Limitations of the License
The following clarifications and limitations apply as regards the types of APIs which may be provided under the licence, and the matters which are covered by the licence:
The licence covers:
- Internet-based APIs, implemented typically through technical protocols, such as REST and SOAP.
- APIs which both read and write information.
- APIs provided by companies.
- Is which can be used free of charge, which are provided in exchange for a fee, or a combination of these two variants.
The licence does not cover:
- Tools, software code or code libraries which are based on the API.
- APIs which are provided by public authorities and other public bodies. These are subject to statutory requirements concerning publication and confidentiality, etc. which have not been taken into consideration in this project.
- APIs which support orders for, and/or purchases of, goods via the API itself. Orders for, and purchases of, goods by consumers in a digital environment make it necessary to include provisions regarding the duty to provide information, right of cancellation, etc., for which there is no scope within the framework of the project.
- Statutory requirements concerning the duty to provide information, which have to be satisfied when a company provides an API, but which need not be referred to in the wording of the licence itself, but instead on the website on which the API is provided. Examples of these requirements include sections 10-12 of the Swedish Electronic Commerce and Other Information Society Services Act (SFS 2002:562) and the information requirements contained in the Swedish Distance and Doorstep Sales Act (SFS 2005:59).